Sunday 26 October 2014

ZOMBTOBER 2014 WEEK4

What an awful week! The flu outbreak warning, on my hazard tape decorations, has not been heeded and I find myself a victim. I'm pretty sure the adorable Mrs. K brought this strain of vicious superflu back with her from her last family visit to deepest, darkest Devon. Obviously, in my case it has mutated in to Welsh Man Flu, considered the most virulent and toxic strain of all Man Flu's.

As a result of my incapacitation production has taken a hit. I did manage something, just not as much as I had planned, prepped and almost completed for a Zombtober finale. That being said, every month is zombie month here at BZA so I'm sure you'll see them soon enough.

Right then, enough feeble excuses and on with the show. As has become regular we'll start with the introduction of an example of zombie art.



Another great piece by the outstanding GRIMBRO. I'm pretty sure most of you will recognise Tarman (played by actor and puppeteer Allan Trautman) from the 1985 movie The Return of the Living Dead, directed by Dan O'Bannon.  Allan Trautman made his name as a puppeteer working with Jim Henson and The Muppets.

Next order of business is to welcome some new followers. Time to drag the welcome wagon back out of the storage shed, dust it off and oil the squeaks, to welcome BZA's latest followers. We have three to welcome, so let's get on with it. First in line is Sean, WELCOME SEAN, he runs the Sean's Wargames Corner blog. Go check it out!
Next in line is Hunterpest, WELCOME HUNTERPEST, he runs Project Zeke Miniatures. Nice blog and he sells some cool mini's too.
Lastly, but not least is Roy Williamson. WELCOME ROY, he runs R W Hobby Blog. I think this is Roy aka gingerbhoy, he's had to set up a new blog having run in to technical trouble with his previous one.
Thanks for joining guys, get comfortable because this is going to take a long time.

Now, none of us like to admit to mistakes but it has been brought to my attention that I made a howler last post. It appears that I didn't tell you the zombies names, what an idiot. I would like to address this now.

THE NAMELESS ARE NAMED.

So the zombie in the prison overalls is Govannon and the zombie in the bloodied jeans is called Iwan. Thank you all for not pointing this out and making me feel like a bigger clown than I already do.

Now let's get to this week's feeble offering. Yet again another conversion involving a set of Studio plastic legs and a Mantic torso and arms, the head came from the Mantic Deadzone zombie sprue just to change things up a little.

So without further ado I present my final 2014 Zombtober entry, Pebin.

Hey, at least he's in focus this time.

A LONE STRAGGLER SHAMBLES IN FOR ZOMBTOBER ROLLCALL.


THE FINAL 2014 ZOMBTOBER ZOMBIE SHUFFLES OFF INTO THE SUNSET.
Well it ended with a whimper rather a bang, but it did get me back to painting again. It also introduced me to some like minded bloggers, who I never knew existed till Zombtober, which was great.

Here's hoping to see you all again next year, to see if my love of deadlines has improved (I seriously doubt it!) and my painting's got any better.(I doubt that too).

At BZA a zombie is not just for Zombtober, it's more of a lifestyle choice, so whenever you call in I'm sure there'll be zombies or something related to zombie wargames.

Well, all this excitement has left me exhausted so until next time dudes and dudettes, follow the DUDE'S example and "take it easy".


31 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you've been under the weather - Welsh Man Flu eh? That sounds deadly! Great additions Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.
      WMF is hideously disfiguring!

      Delete
  2. Had me fooled for a moment when I saw the first photos and thought - I'm sure I've seen them before :-) Nice final addition to your Zomtober roll call - love the way you did the blood on the hands and good to know you'll be keeping the Zed goodness going beyond. Personally I think the best thing about this month has been all the new blogs and bloggers I've encountered - your excellent self to name but one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bk.
      I quite agree, encountering new blogs and bloggers has been brilliant!

      Delete
  3. A couple horrifying zombies, pretty gruesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An appropriately gruesome finale to your Zomtober efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great looking zombies dud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre.
      Zombies are for life not just Zombtober.

      Delete
  6. Great looking end to the month. Iwan is still my favourite though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike.
      At BZA zombies don't stop at the end of Zombtober!

      Delete
  7. Well done, Bob. At least you have the satisfaction of knowing you completed the Zomtober challenge. But, just like me, painting zombies never ends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      Yeah, Zombtober is over but zombies are for life Dude!

      Delete
  8. Vongratulations Bob on hitting the deadlines -good looking figure too btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Joe.
      The one thing I learnt from Zombtober, is that I really hate deadlines.

      Delete
  9. Cheers for the welcome (again). Yes, I am in fact Roy aka gingerbhoy [I've not highlighted this fact on my blog as I also suffered some unpleasantness on G+ and don't want the people concerned to find me, hopefully].

    Got to say I like the mini', it looks really horrifying and worthy of being called a zombie. I've also enjoyed Zomtober, meeting new people and seeing new blogs, and I've discovered I quite enjoy painting zombies, too. I'll probably end up painting zombies more often (for solo games of 7ombieTV).

    Get better and stay human! (as opposed to a Z).
    Roy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy.
      No worries on the welcome (again).
      Seeing new blogs and hearing from new bloggers has been half the fun.
      Painting zombies is where it's at. Remember zòmbies are for life not just Zombtober!

      Delete
  10. You still got one in for the deadline. Love the names for the previous weeks, Heres to a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      I couldn't believe I'd left it out previous week. DOH!

      Delete
  11. Great Zeds Bob!! now to make stuff for ZomNOV and ZOM(X)MAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni.
      Excellent names for the rest of the year! I love the idea of ZOM(X)MAS.

      Delete
  12. Oh my, there is little as sinister looking as a blonde zombie! (Maybe a ginger one!)

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mathyoo.
      You just know I have to paint a redhead now!

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the welcome, dude. Out of interest, how do you do your hazard tape? It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HP.
      No worries on the welcome, glad you joined.
      Hazard tape. Right, get on the interweb, go to either "what tommy gun does with paper" or ModelPaperWorld. Both these places has lots of free paper downloads, look for one called "lots of boxes". The hazard tape is on one of the pages of that download. Simply cut it out, fold it and glue.
      Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Sound! I think I already have those actually. Cheers, man!

      Delete
  14. Nice job and effective conversion bob.

    ReplyDelete