Monday 20 October 2014

ZOMBTOBER 2014 WEEK 3 FASHIONABLY LATE.

Late for my own funeral, that's what the adorable Mrs. K always says I'll be. Bless her, she's bloody right though. I'm sure I mentioned last post that time management was not one of my strong points. I just like to pootle too much.
Anyway let's not make too much fuss I'm here now.

As has become the done thing, we'll kick off with an attempt to bring culture to the proceedings. So without further ado, I give you some zombie art.

THE BIG YIN HIMSELF.
Another piece by the excellent zombie artist GRIMBRO. I'm sure some of you dedicated zombiphiles will recognise the titular character Fido. From the 2006 horror-comedy, directed by Andrew Currie. Fido is played by none other than Billy Connolly. I'm now sure we have had enough culture for one post, on to the show and tell.
TWO MORE SHAMBLE IN FOR ZOMBTOBER ROLLCALL.

These two are simple little conversions. The first is a result of having seven torsos and five sets of legs on the Deadzone zombie sprue. I took one of the left over torsos and married it with Mantic fantasy zombie legs. Again to get around the problem of the ragged clothing, I painted it orange to look like a prison overall.
THESE LOOK ANNOYINGLY OUT OF FOCUS.
The second is a Mantic fantasy zombie torso, head and arms together with a Studio plastic set of legs. Cutting the Studio mini in half and cutting the torso to fit after. I have to thank Vampifan for the inspiration for this idea, following one of his recent posts, where he did it to a couple of Zombicide runners. Cheers Dude!

I really don't have anything else this time, dudes and dudettes. So until next time try and be like the DUDE and "take it easy".



28 comments:

  1. I'm glad my own conversion work has inspired you, Bob. Cutting bodies in half is fun, he says with maniacal glee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      Yep, cutting bodies in half is indeed fun. Your encouragement definitely pushed me into action, Dude.

      Delete
  2. Well worth waiting a bit longer when the goods are as nice as these two little beauties, Bob. Love the orange and the spine sticking out his back. the blue jeans are nicely done too though and that dude has some seriously pinkish-purple hued intestines. Where did you get that colour from? Great stuff once again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric.
      Yeah the orange made it's debut aways back to make medieval rags look like something modern, namely prison uniforms.
      The intestines are painted in several colours, they are all old oop GW colours.
      Liche Purple, Warlock Purple and Tentacle Pink. All washed with Baal Red, then a final splash with Red Ink.
      Hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. Looks great!

    Late or not late. You get stuff done and that is the good part of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johnny!
      You sure do get stuff done dude!

      Delete
  4. They look great! I love the orange for the prison outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww man! Now my upcoming inmates ain't gonna be original...darn hahaha! Nice work sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SoH.
      Don't worry about it dude! I'm sure I stole the idea in the first place.

      Delete
  6. Great work Bob! I was wondering what have you done to the left-side one, they fit together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mathyoo.
      All I did to the left one was to give him some fantasy zombie legs. The sculpt has the bottom of it's mouth split open, it's kind of hard to see behind the entrails being shoved in.

      Delete
  7. Great job Bob. I like the kit bashes they both look a little mutated or disfigured by the virus great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      They are both definitely "changed" by the virus.

      Delete
  8. Great work and nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good looking zombies. I particularly like the entrails and gore. It looks like your camera is focusing on the wall behind the figures. Try setting the focus on one of the figures and then re-position the camera to frame the shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean.
      Entrails and gore are the best bits about painting zombies dude!
      I'll pass your advice onto my official photographer.

      Delete
  10. Very cool. I especially like the guy on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great conversions Bob, that's the great thing about blogging, to be inspired by other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Joe.
    Your right there, I found your protesters very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're quite scary. I can't seem to match the wet blood look you and some other painters pull off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BF.
      After I've used a matt finish wash or matt varnish, I then use a red ink for my blood.
      Hope that helps.

      Delete