Sunday 12 October 2014

ZOMBTOBER 2014 WEEK 2

WOW! Doesn't a week fly by when you've got a deadline to stick to. Time management was never one of my strong points, I'd just rather pootle along at my own pace, having breaks when I want. Having a deadline almost takes the fun out of painting, almost. Lot's to do so let's get on with it.

First order of business, to bring culture to the world of zombies. This shall be accomplished by the strategic use of zombie art. That's art with zombies in it for you at the back. This is another fine piece from my current favourite zombie artist GRIMBRO.

GIVE US A KISS!

Some of you may recognise the zombie nicknamed "Dr. Tongue" by Tom Savini from the opening scenes of the 1985 movie Day of the Dead. Despite a fair bit of research, I've been unable to find out who played him. If anybody knows the answer, let me know. Completeness is the watch word.

Second order of business, welcomes. So let's drag the welcome wagon back out of storage, we have a few to get through. This seems to be a direct result of participating in this years Zombtober. Which is a great reason to join in, finding like minded bloggers is always a bonus.
So let's welcome aboard my latest followers. First is cedric mauvielle, he runs the Lost Wargamer in HK blog where amongst other things you'll find the excellent "Reich of a thousand dead" , a Weird World War 2 campaign. WELCOME CEDRIC!
Second is Finch, who runs the Minis by Finch blog. WELCOME FINCH!
Thirdly is Blaxkleric who runs the Fantorical blog. WELCOME BLAXKLERIC!
I haven't yet had much of a chance to check out these two blogs in any detail yet, but what I have seen looks pretty good to me. You should all pop along to these and check them out, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Two more followers who seemed to have slipped in under the radar are Mike Collard and David Churchill. I can't find blogs for these guys, so if you have one let me know. WELCOME MIKE! WELCOME DAVID!

Official duties taken care of, on to the fun bit.
Zombie painting. Two more Deadzone zombies for you this time. (I'm still not back up to full production speed, that may take some time.)

TWO MORE SHOW UP FOR ZOMBTOBER ROLLCALL

THE OBLIGATORY BACK SHOT


So we have another hazmat zombie again this week, pretty similar to the other one TBH. We'll call him Dr. Teirnon. The other zombie is dressed in some kind of future military uniform, akin to that worn by the Colonial Marines in Aliens, this didn't really fit with my contemporary setting so I painted him as a SWAT team member instead. I present Officer Ifor Jones.
( I think I got away with it.)

SWAT guy was a simple conversion. Using an arm with no hand (for another pose), I added a piece of bone to wrist area. He was also given a holster from a german WW2 figure, to complete his "cop-ness".

Well that's all I got for this time dudes and dudettes. So until next time, take a leaf out of the DUDE'S book and "take it easy".







30 comments:

  1. Great stuff once again Bob, and many thanks for the big hello and shout out. Much appreciated :-) I've got a box of Deadzone zombies on the shelf and you're really tempting me to drag them out into the lamplight. Just a few more 'zombie-related' Heroclix to get painted first... Love the SWAT look - excellent, and the zombie dragging the hazchem tape is truly inspiring. precisely what this hobby is all about. Til your next posting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric.
      No worries dude.
      Stop it I'm blushing.

      Delete
  2. Hi Bob, and thank you for the welcome! My blog is - The Spider Web of History, http://historyspiderweb.blogspot.com/?m=1 hope you enjoy it!

    Lovely work with this weeks update.

    Dave Churchill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave.
      No worries dude!
      I'll be sure to drop by soon.

      Delete
  3. Great ideas with these two zombies. Top stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy.
      Glad you like 'em.
      Finally got round to checking out your blog. Nice work dude!

      Delete
  4. Nice work Bob. Its all for fun so don't feel to pressured.........Nice artwork I noticed you've shared a ton of stuff on G+ so I when I get chance I'll add it to my ever growing collection of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      No pressure felt really, just don't want to disappoint all you guys and myself.
      Yeah lots of images on G+, I've nicked loads to use on this blog.

      Delete
  5. Great job Bob, I just love the hazard tape trailing from the zeds leg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.
      Did it last week, just didn't want to be as obvious this time.
      Glad you like it.

      Delete
  6. Nice pairing, I particularly like the "swat" guy, he works pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe.
      It was the only way I could see him working out for me.

      Delete
  7. I really like the tape on the leg. Consider that idea totally stolen for at least one of my zombies this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done, Bob. Love the art at the top. (That clown should take the day off... he doesn't look so good.) Thanks for the shout-out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Finch.
      No worries on the shout-out dude!
      Good to see my attempts at culture are not falling on deaf ears.

      Delete
  9. Nice work, Bob. I do like your zombie SWAT trooper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      He wouldn't fit in any other way. Glad you like him Dude!

      Delete
  10. Time to line up for some headshots!

    Well done mate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, that hazard tape is beyond epic! Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are great Bob, I like what you did with the cop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very well done. The conversion seems simple, but well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve.
      Plastic is nice and easy to convert.

      Delete
  14. The swat paint job turned out very well on the future marine guy. I will try to catch up to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert.
      Got another one to do, probably go the same route.
      No pressure dude, it's meant to be fun.

      Delete