Sunday 5 October 2014

ZOMBTOBER 2014. WEEK 1.

What's 'appening? Long time no post! Things at the bunker have slowed to a glacial rate recently, my humblest apologies loyal readers. Real life must take a front seat now and again, no matter how much you don't want it to.

This is my first Zombtober so not quite sure what to expect exactly. I had to jump at the chance because with my card modelling adventures the last couple of months, my painting has fallen way behind schedule. I couldn't believe I hadn't painted a mini for almost 8 weeks, until yesterday.

We still have the usual rounds of business to get through before I reveal my woefully inadequate offering. So let's get on with it!

Continuing my attempt to bring some culture to the proceedings I shall yet again show some zombie art. This is another great piece by my current favourite zombie artist GRIMBRO.

RATHER MORE COLOURFUL THAN HE APPEARED ON SCREEN.

Some of you may recognise the zombie pictured (officially credited as Zombie #1) as the one that attacks Barbara in the cemetery,  at the beginning of Night of the Living Dead. The 1968 original, directed by George A. Romero, not one of the many remakes. Zombie #1 was played by Bill Hinzman.
I remember watching this at a very young age, I was probably around 10 or 11, it did two things. Firstly, it scared the shit out of me, second it started my lifelong romance with zombies.

Second order of business is to get the welcome wagon back out of the shed, it's been a while so I had to oil it and dust it, to welcome my latest follower. As is now traditional a big BZA welcome goes out to r.a.e. gingerbhoy. WELCOME ABOARD GINGERBHOY! Settle in, this is taking ages.

Third order of business. It has been brought to my attention that we have surpassed nine thousand pageviews since my last post. (And gingerbhoy makes it thirty followers). I find this news absolutely astounding and must take this oppurtunity to thank my followers, commentors and those of you who just drop by to check out the nonsense I continue to post. A MASSIVE THANKS TO YOU ALL.

Right then, enough bloody waffle, on with the show and tell. As I mentioned earlier, I was shocked at the realisation that I hadn't painted a mini for about 8 weeks. So please excuse, what I feel is a rather rusty couple of figures.

A LITTLE RUSHED, BUT THEY MADE IT.

INSERT YOUR OWN ARSE JOKE!

The zombie is from a sprue of Deadzone zombies by Mantic. Whilst not quite as crisp as their fantasy zombies, I love the fact that some of them are dressed in what I took to be hazmat suits. Of course they could equally be space suits. He's called Elgan Evans.
The survivor is Josh, (based on Jessie Pinkman, a character from smash hit TV show Breaking Bad) from Zombicide season 1. He's my first non-zombie mini in quite some time, it was hard to resist the urge to cover him in gore.

Hopefully, I'll get a week to paint some more, instead of just a day.

Well that's all I've got for this time dudes and dudettes. So until next time try and emulate the DUDE and "take it easy".


28 comments:

  1. Cheers for the welcome [and Evans is an excellent choice of surname ;) ]
    Got to say I like how you've done the bio warning tape. Great idea. The Manu-Flu epidemic has struck - be warned!
    Cool picture and nice information. Always interested in culture.
    Roy
    r.a.evans gingerbhoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy.
      No problem with the welcome, thanks for following.
      The tape was an attempt to divert attention from a rather shoddy paintjob, it seems to have worked.
      Glad to see my efforts to bring culture to the masses isn't falling on deaf ears.

      Delete
  2. I like the hazard tape, that is a great little touch. Ahh, Zomtober, when the smell of zombies is in the air again... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve.
      That "great little touch" was a misdirection that seems to have been succesful.
      I love the smell of zombies in the morning it smells like ............APOCALYPSE!!!

      Delete
  3. Great work Bob. They aren't bad at all, especially the zombie. At first I found it perhaps a bit too sci-fi (given he is taken from a futuristic game :D), but when I read your post, I figured there is actually an acute lack of hazmat zombies. They'd be one of the second to die (you know, while inspecting the first to turn!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mathyoo.
      Not too bad, for one day's panic strewn painting.
      There is a definite lack of hazmat suited zombies, I've only seen one other example.
      Totally agree about them being among the first wave of victims.

      Delete
  4. Nice work dude. They both look great! I'm lagging hoping to get one finished this evening for a hasty post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon.
      I don't know about great but I got them posted.
      I'm sure you'll make it dude.

      Delete
  5. And he's off! Great job Bob, I love how this month is getting us all painting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.
      Zombtober was definitely the kick up the arse I needed to get the brushes dirty again.

      Delete
  6. Ha ha that is great!!! Well done on the zombie !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Police do not cross tape wrapping the zombie. 3 more Sundays to go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cedric.
      Welcome aboard.(Official ceremony next post).
      The tape is proving to be a popular addition.
      Hopefully, I'll be better prepped for the next 3 weeks. Hopefully!?

      Delete
  8. Nicely done Bob, same as cedric, love the tape!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni.
      I had to do something to detract attention away from a very rushed paintjob.

      Delete
  9. Well done on making a start, Bob. As others have said, I love the tape wrapped around the zombie's legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan.
      Only just made the start line.
      The tape seems to be a crowd pleaser.

      Delete
  10. That hazard tape is just epic! Inspired sir!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great additions to your collections, though I can't say I'm a fan of the deadzone zombies, but as zeds in hazmat suits are as rare as rocking horse sh*t you've found an inspired use for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe.
      I'm not a fan of them either but they were free, so I wasn't going to turn them down. Hazmat zombies are indeed a rare thing, biggest reason I built them up.

      Delete
  12. Nice models and the tape looks great dud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andre.
      The tape seemed to work out OK.

      Delete
  13. The tape is a great touch. 20,000 views is just around the corner for you Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Robert.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves dude! 10,000 is a way off yet.
    Glad you liked the tape idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nothing worse than realising you've been away from the paintbrush and not posting for more than a few weeks. Happens to me every so often, but these are some nice looking minis to get you back. like the Hazchem look and your painting reminds me of Dead Space. Now I just need to find the time to go through all your previous postings :-)
    Blaxkleric
    http://fantorical.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Blaxkleric.
    I hate taking a break from painting, my limited skills go downhill real fast. But somebody had to make some scenery or I'll never get a game in my lifetime.
    I've only been blogging this year so it shouldn't take too long.
    I'll be sure to check out your blog too.

    ReplyDelete